Watch 5 more of these free videos and Download the 10 Super Affiliate Secrets that will Change Your Business... and Change Your Life!... Click Here, It's All Free!
How To Start A Affiliate Marketing Blog
Thousands now succeed at affiliate marketing that never thought they could. Learn how here:
7 Important Affiliate Marketing Web Site Skills
1. Choose topics that will be popular over the long run to write about. Some topics and ideas are ageless. They inspire the same level of interest today that they inspired last year. They will likely continue to be of interest well into the future. It’s these topics that will regularly pull in readers.
2. Video blogging is a snap with WordPress. This will require you to make special preparations, but it will be worth the effort. Internet users are a visual group. A video can show them things that the written word just can’t convey, and as a result, it can be a very powerful tool.
3. Keep your design simple, and use contrasting colors. Don’t put a dark background behind dark text. It is hard for visitors to read. Stay away from backgrounds that have crazy patterns and pictures. This can make the text appear to blend into the pattern. Sometimes simple is best: a white background with black text.
4. When choosing a post header, forget about using the menu that drops down. Rather, use shortcuts on your keyboard. By depressing the CTRL key along with a numeric key between 1 and 6, you can get different options. This is a major time saver if you frequently use headers.
5. If you have the money, go to some blogging conferences. The conferences will give you a lot of good information on blogging approaches and techniques. Additionally, they are a great way to network and socialize with other bloggers.
6. Optimize load times on your website. Those who visit your site have little in the way of patience so ensure your site is designed to load quickly. Do your best to reduce graphics, scripts, and Flash.
7. Don’t download an excessive amount of plugins. It’s cool and fun to use plugins, but the more you install, the longer it will take your users to load your site. That means your site could run slow, which will impact your search engine ranking. Slower sites don’t usually rank as well as those that are faster.
Email Marketing Tip: With any email marketing materials, limit the use of graphics. Since some email programs block graphics, any email which contains a lot of graphics will not display correctly to recipients that have these types of email programs. Also, many spam filters use quantity of images as a variable in determining if a message is likely to be spam.
Please submit your comments or questions about how to start a affiliate marketing blog in the comments section below.